Chicha de Saril Recipes
The saril or Jamaica flower is a medicinal plant widely used in Panama, especially during the Christmas holidays where we prepare it as the famous chicha de saril.
Its preparation is very simple, fast, inexpensive and requires few ingredients. Today, from Simply to GoWe share some recipes for this delicious Panamanian drink and the properties that saril has that you may not have known about.
What you should know:
First of all, for any of the recipes in the chicha de saril that we are about to share with you next, you have to clean and cut the base to extract the seeds. You should not cut much, only what is necessary and then the shells should be separated and washed very well.
Recipe # 1:
- Bring the water to a boil and place the cinnamon stick for a few minutes until you smell it. Remove the branch
- Blend the strawberries with half a cup of water, pass them through the strainer and add them to the water with cinnamon. Mix well.
- Add the saril flowers and boil for 10 more minutes.
- Remove the infusion from the heat and wait for it to cool down a bit.
Recipe # 2:
- Place the saril in a large pot and add water until it is completely covered.
- Dice the ginger and put it in the pot.
- Boil this mixture over high heat. It can be for approximately 10 minutes or until the saril has released its natural color.
- Once it has boiled, it must be strained and then added the juice of the 3 lemons and the sugar to your liking.
- Let cool for an hour.
Recipe # 3:
- 1 pound saril
- 1 liter of water
- ½ tablespoon grated or minced ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- 2 lemons
- Sugar to taste
- In a pot, place the ginger, cloves, cinnamon and the juice of the 2 lemons and let it boil over high heat for approximately 15 minutes.
- When all the ingredients have merged (you will notice by the smell), we strain them so that only the water remains and we place the saril flowers.
- Once the water is dyed red, we can begin to mix well while adding the sugar to taste.
- Let cool and serve.
As you can see, the chicha de saril you have no one way to prepare. There is a great possibility of recipes and the best of all is that through our Web page Simply to Go you can buy your fruits and vegetables online to create your own recipe.
Properties and benefits:
In addition, saril not only offers us a refreshing drink but is also a source of natural vitamins and it has incredible medicinal properties. These are just some of its features:
- It is excellent for the flu, muscle aches and insomnia.
- It is high in vitamin C and antioxidants.
- Reduces high concentrations of triglycerides and bad cholesterol.
- Excellent diuretic.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Protects the cardiovascular system.
- Regulates blood pressure.
- It increases the body's defenses
As you can see, the saril or hibiscus flower is an extremely kind plant that in addition to giving you flavor, it also gives you many benefits. In Simply to Go we have this and others fruits and vegetables online that we can take to your home ... yes, always complying with the best safety and hygiene standards. Take advantage of natural vitamins that gives us the land, without the need to leave home. ;)
Do you have a recipe for chicha de saril own? We would love to know the ingredients, do not hesitate to leave us your comments.
Chicha de Saril
1 litro de agua
1 libra de flor de saril
1 pedacito de jengibre
Al gusto: azúcar
Colocar el saril en una olla grande y agregar agua hasta cubrirlo en su totalidad.
Cortar el jengibre en cuadritos y ponerlo en la olla.
Hervir esta mezcla durante a fuego alto. Puede ser por 10 minutos aproximadamente o hasta que el saril haya soltado su color natural.
Una vez haya hervido, se debe colar para luego colocarle el jugo de los 3 limones y el azúcar a tu gusto.
Dejar enfriar por una hora.